Understanding how to manipulate, deploy and leverage Apache Spark is essential for data engineers, architects, and data scientists.
This course will give you the core principles needed to understand Apache Spark and build your confidence through hands-on experiences.
You will be guided through a wide range of hands-on Apache Spark concepts using Scala source code examples; all of which are designed to give you fundamental, working Spark with Scala knowledge. Each section carefully builds upon previous sections, so your learning is reinforced along every step of the way.
All of the source code is conveniently available for download, so you can run and modify for yourself.
Here are just a few of concepts this course will teach you using more than 50 hands-on examples:
- Learn the fundamentals and run examples of Spark’s Resilient Distributed Datasets, Actions and Transformations through Scala
- Run Spark on your local cluster and also Amazon EC2
- Troubleshooting tricks when deploying Scala applications to Spark clustersExplore Spark SQL with CSV, JSON and mySQL database (JDBC) data sources
- Discover Spark Streaming through numerous examples and build a custom application which streams from Slack
- Hands-on machine learning experiments
- Reinforce your understanding through multiple quizzes and lecture recap
As an added bonus, this course will teach you about Scala and the Scala ecosystem such as SBT and SBT plugins to make packaging and deploying to Spark easier and more efficient.
As another added bonus, on top of all the extensive course content, the course offers a private message board so you can ask the instructor questions at anytime during your Spark learning journey.
This course will make you more knowledgeable about Apache Spark. It offers you the chance to build your confidence, productivity and value in your Spark adventures.